STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Little Boy Blue...

Another one crossed off the list. I can just picture some tiny blue eyed baby boy snuggling under this little quilt. It measures 18" x 24" and is backed with soft flannel, and is bound for our local hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I'll turn it in on Tuesday night at our Guild meeting along with Pink Peppermint Twist which you saw here. The design is the very simple Disappearing Nine Patch which you can read about here. Now I'm busy quilting my little Shoo Fly Miniature, hoping to have it ready for Tuesday night's Show and Tell as well. I'm on a roll...  yeah - I know -  it's about time!

Piece,
Linda

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of...




5 comments:

MissesStitches said...

It's a beautiful quilt, Linda. I love disappearing 9-patch, too. I've done a few of them. You did a good job here.

Linda H said...

Thanks Misses Stitches! If I had not been restricted by a size requirement, I would have put a narrow border in before the blue starry border, to make a "break" between the blues. But it will have to do the way it is! It was a fun little project!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh my gosh what a cute photo ! ; )

Nice to meet you too! Please feel free to link up to http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com on wednesday! It's a meeting place for Canadian fibre/quilt/knit/embroidery/weaving art...
~Monika in Saskatoon

Karen said...

Linda, what a sweet quilt. Your picture is beautiful; I played with a doll carriage just like that one growing up, it was my Mom's.

GailM. said...

Now, that is sweet!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...