STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, November 21, 2011

Do you smell smoke?

Do you smell smoke? Not to worry- it's just me, with the pedal to the metal... It's Nov. 21st!!! That means Christmas is less than 5 weeks away!! I'm starting to feel the usual November panic... anxiety... pressure...call it what you wish, it's found me. As always I have so many things I want to get done in the next thirty days - sewing projects, stitching projects, plus all that "Christmas stuff".... So I've been hard at it. Our Guild had a workday on Saturday  - a good number of us were there, enjoying some fellowship while we sewed. I got a good start on two Christmas runners, hope to finish putting the second one together tonight. Ollie, as usual, is being a big
help. He thinks my ironing board is just for him- a convenient and comfy (and frequently warm) place  to lie and watch me sew. Here he is showing how helpful
 he can be- holding my half square triangles in place so they won't run away... We frequently "compete" for who gets the most space on the board- he manages to scootch his way over to get more room, especially if I've just used the iron and the board is still warm. But I put up with him... he gives me more smiles per day than you can imagine....
Stay tuned for a  "finish photo" in the next few days. Have you started your Christmas sewing yet?
Piece,
Linda

"Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." ~ George Eliot

4 comments:

DonnaC said...

i have started Christmas things, one cushion top done, 4 more started....the sewing machines will be smokin'here too.

GailM. said...

Ohhh, is that the runner that Anne showed at the meeting. What size blocks are they. I so want to make that runner!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your finished runner. And by the way, if Olie gets to be too much "trouble" i will gladly take him off your hands. Just kidding, of course. But he is so beautiful! Its wonderful that he is so helpful. Pets are so much fun. Lucy

Marie Alton said...

Hi Linda ... Ollie looks like such a buddie ... my Kota is a Maine Coon cross ... their markings are so similar ... right down to those huge fluffy paws and I totally know what you been about how many smiles a day you can get.

I for one am not putting pressure on myself to create things for Christmas ... except for a few small gifts (earings specifically for two special neices).

Hugs ... Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...