STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Novembrrrrrr...

Novembrrr.. yes we're well into the Brrrr months... those ending in "ber" when we often hear "Brrrrr... " We'll likely hear it tomorrow - we've got a snowstorm coming... Wish I could say Yippeee, but I'm just not that excited for snow...
As I've said before, November is one of my least favourite months. The gardens are gone, the bright colors are gone, it's getting cold... and dark... But there is still beauty in the world - one just has to look for it. Although I don't get out as much with my camera when the weather turns cold, I do make myself  go looking for "photographic opportunities". They are there - you just have to see them. I can remember Freeman Patterson saying that November is his favourite month for photography - he loves the monotones of nature... Well, I don't,  BUT I can still see beauty all around. I hope you will appreciate the beauty in these images too....






Peace,
Linda

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

3 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Linda, may I suggest you find color and cheerfulness in your fabric stash?!?!

GailM. said...

I like the quote at the end of your blog.... there's beauty everywhee if you want to see it. I have a new thing or dandelion seeds... love the curve floaty airy shape. I might put that on a quilt that I have... or would easy to make into a crazy quilt design.

Marie Alton said...

Well my dear ... you are so right about "ber" months being BRR months!

Last night I worked till 9pm ... and we had some freezing rain an hour before ... it was still coming down when we were leaving.

I had to scrape the windows off before I could drive ... and by the time I was finished doing that ... my hair was soaked & covered in ice pellets ... needless to say ... today I switched coats ... to one with a hood ... just in case today featured more of the same.

Oh ya ... winter is coming!

It is what it is.

Hugs ... Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...