STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pink Peppermint Twist

I've been rather absent from blogland for more than a week... no excuses- just busy!! So it's good to be back. I have accomplished a few things.. all my outdoor work is now DONE- hurray - all my perennial beds are "put to bed" for the winter- cut down, covered with leaf mulch and chicken wire to hold it in place through the winter. Feels good to have that all taken care of. My sixth and last teaching trip for this fall is done.. no more classes now until February.
So I am "getting re-acquainted" with my Bernina. Our Guild is making children the focus for our community projects this year. This fall we are doing small quilts (18" x 24") for the Neonatal Intensive Care unit at the hospital. I have one finished and the second one ready to layer and quilt - you'll see it in another day or two. Shown here is number one- I used the L'il Twister templates, by CS Designs. This is such an easy quick way to make pinwheels - just sew your squares together, then use the templates to cut out your blocks, re-sew, and you're done! I decided to do one in pink and the other quilt in blue. I am just using up fabrics I have on hand - I know it's not a prizewinner by any stretch, but it's backed with flannel and will keep some precious little babe warm and cozy... that's what matters.

Peace,
Linda

It's the little things in life that matter...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh Linda I love this...so girly! Luck little one that get this quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...