STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Blue Monday


Today I have another small "finish" to share with you, and, no surprise - it's blue! I was so happy with the small table center I did at Christmas from a Charm Pack, that I decided to cut up some stash to do an "every day" one for my kitchen table. And here it is. Another quick and easy Disappearing Nine Patch. It's quilted with a King Tut blue/purple variegated from Superior Threads - I love this thread!
Another busy week coming up, with my two kiddos home for their Spring Break... likely won't get a lot of sewing done this week.
What are you working on these days, to pass the cold winter? I can hardly believe February will be over in another week. With March just days away, surely we have a little warmer weather coming our way. That's what I'm choosin' to believe anyway... Are you with me?

Piece,
Linda

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks great, and I love how you've quilted it. I've never used any of the Superior Threads. Do you buy them locally? They have a silk thread I'd love to try.

Linda H said...

Karen, I picked up this and several other spools of King Tut in my travels, but one of our local shops (Country Crafts and Curtains) does carry some Superior Threads. She can order anything you are looking for from Superior Threads.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the straight line quilting you did. It shows up so nice. I'm working on Mitchell's quit. It's blue. I'm sure I'll be sick of blue by the time it's done!!

Gail M.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...