STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Daffodils

April is Daffodil month- please help out the Cancer Society by buying a bunch when you see them on sale this week. And please make a donation when a canvasser knocks on your door. The amount doesn't matter, every bit helps. We have all been touched by cancer, if not ourselves, then a friend, family member or neighbour... I lost a very good friend a year ago today.. my beautiful friend Sandy was taken by bowel and liver cancer. I think of her with each step I take while doing my door to door canvassing, and also was thinking of her on Monday night as I counted, bunched, wrapped, and boxed over 2100 daffodils.
So please help. Together we can beat cancer.
Rest in peace, sweet Sandy girl...
Peace,
Linda
Legend of the Daffodil: Each time a guardian angel notices a good deed, a prayer, kindness or sacrifice, she plucks a gold star from the heavens and sends it to earth, where it blooms as a golden daffodil.

2 comments:

MissesStitches said...

I hope you are left with fond remembrances of your friend, Linda. And I love the legend of the daffodils.

Anonymous said...

One year already - i remember your blog last year about your dear friend. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication in the "cause". You are a dear friend too. Lucy
(we can all do our part)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...