STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here's the proof...

Spring is definitely here, even though the weather forecast for the weekend includes the possibility of some rain and snow...(ugh!) These pics were all taken this morning in my gardens. I haven't even cleaned off all the winter protective leaf mulch yet, as you can see. I'm afraid we may still get some nights when the temp dips below freezing so I am resisting cleaning it all off just yet. It's hard to believe that it's only April 6th - this time last year we still had a lot of snow on the ground... Easter weekend was so lovely with lots of sun and warm temps, what a lovely treat- the weather was almost better than the chocolate! (I can hardly believe I said that!)

We had an overnight visit from Ian and Tiffany and they took back Easter treats to Mark and Laura.
I'll be returning to my sewing machine tomorrow as the forecast is predicting rain for the next 6 days. Certainly that should be enough time for me to make decisions and finish up Blueberries and Cream. And I already have plans for the next Mini - can't wait to get started on it - I promise it will be colorful!! Just remembered I have a class to teach this Saturday, so guess I have to prepare for that too!











I'll leave you with this delightful little poem I found...

First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before our eye can focus,
Crocus!
~ Lilja Rogers

Piece,
Linda

"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day". ~ W. Earl Hall

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your poem and the pictures. We took the leaf cover off as we couldn't wait. Hope that we don't pay for it. Lots of colour outside. Just love it. Linda G

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I love Jobs tears. There aren't many blue flowers and those perk me up each Spring as they pop up scattered about the side yard. Keep enjoying nature, there's nothing better!
Hugs,Pat

Dolores said...

All I have in my garden are purple crocus.
I just wanted to recommend a book to you. Honolulu by Alan Brennert. It was a wonderful read - about 5 Korean 'picture brides' in the early days of Honolulu with loads of historical facts. I borrowed it from the library and there is another one of his that I would like to read called Molokai.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...