STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Blueberries and Cream" preview

I had hoped to have more blocks done by now, but the weather the last few days has been SO beautiful and WARM, I just couldn't bring myself to sit at my machine when the sunshine was calling my name... Here are the first 12 blocks and a piece of blueberry fabric that I'm pondering the use of, either for a border, or possibly the backing. Not sure yet... Still haven't decided on the setting either- whether to put the blocks on point with alternate plain squares between or just block to block, or perhaps use some sashing.... And I haven't decided on whether to stop at 16 (4 rows of 4) or do 25 blocks for 5 rows of 5 blocks.... Not very decisive am I? The blocks will be 1 1/8" finished, the HST's are 3/8". Each block uses a different blue and a different cream fabric. (These blocks are foundation-pieced, so they are not lying pefectly flat at this point). The idea for this Miniature came from a photo in an Australian magazine, the design was called Blackberries and Cream. And since I am a blue fan, of course I had to do Blueberries and Cream.... More photos later once it's together.
Piece,
Linda
Delight in small things.

3 comments:

GailM. said...

Looking good. Oh man, those are small blocks. Love the blueberry fabric. Happy Easter!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Ohh Linda, I love this... perfect name too

Quilting Queen said...

LOve mini's when they are finished but boy do I resist paper piecing. More power to you...it will be perfect when it is done...I have faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...