STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

"My Mother kept a garden,
A garden of the heart.
She planned all the good things
that gave my life its' start.
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem.
And when the winds and rains came
she protected me enough,
but not too much because she knew
I'd need to grow strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong;
markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden,
I am her legacy,
and I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me."

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers. I wish I could send you all a beautiful fresh bouquet, but they don't last long, so I'm sending you a few of this kind instead, and you can come back and enjoy them anytime! These beautiful blooms were all found in New Hamburg Ontario. I love flowers, I just can't understand why everyone is not a gardener! My flowerbeds give me such pleasure; every day there is something to look forward to as a new plant shares it's secrets, or new buds unfurl....
Of course there are always "challenges" as well, like earwigs and lily beetles.... yes I know they are God's creatures too... I just wish they'd go live somewhere else! Please read my previous post, written late last night re. Lily Beetles...
Back to Mother's Day.... as we grow older we begin to realize the value of a mother's love and the enormous depth of her committment to us. No other relationship we form can ever be as close or profound as that with our mothers. I was so fortunate to have an exceptional mother; much of what I am today is because of her. I love you and miss you Mum....
Peace and Love
Linda
Flowers have the sun, children have their mothers.

2 comments:

Linda G said...

Thanks for the poem its lovely.

Wendy AUNE said...

Happy Mothers Day to you as well my Friend.. Nice photos/words/thoughts...I will see you soon..xoxox w

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...