STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bento Box Lap Quilt


I think it's time I showed you one of my quilts, lest you think I don't make any! It's been too long since I've shown you any of my work, so here is the Bento Box quilt I made for my friend Sandy. This photo was taken last week in her parents' backyard, while I was in Ontario. After hearing her cancer diagnosis last October, I made this very quickly, and I was so anxious to get it to her to keep her warm and comfy during her Chemo treatments, that I never did get a photo of it. I closely followed the guidelines of "Victoria's Quilts", using a flannel backing and cotton batting for ease of care and washability. I used my favorite batik fabrics in colors I thought she would find restful and relaxing. I chose the colors of water and sky - to remind her of her beloved cottage on Johnson Point Road near Murray Corner. She loved it. The pattern is by Tracey Brookshier and is called Bento Box. I did "my own version", turning a few blocks to break the repitition. I was pleased with it, and will do this design again some day for myself.
Piece,
Linda
"Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." ~Emory Austin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...