STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where is Spring?

Okay, I've promised myself I am NOT going to mention the "W" word anymore (that's Winter). I am ignoring the fact that we had snow flurries off and on all weekend... and that we still have 3 or 4 feet of snow on the ground. I'm ignoring the calls from friends out west who tell me their crocuses are done and daffodils are blooming. I'm putting away my Jim Shore Snowmen and taking down my beautiful crocheted and tatted snowflakes from my window. I WANT Spring...NOW!!! I'm off tomorrow to Saint John, to teach for 2 days. When I come back, it better be feeling more like Spring!!

Look at these gorgeous tulips- I can't believe how they have lasted - this bunch is one week old today- and they are still beautiful! This is the second bunch I have had (thanks to my good friend Sue) of these yellow tulips that have lasted more than a week, before they start to fade... Usually tulips don't make a great cut flower as they open quickly and then "flop"...
Anyway, just letting you know, in case anyone has any "drag" with Mother Nature, I'm more than ready for Spring....bring it on!!! I won't be blogging again until probably Sunday... Until then...Piece!
Linda
"Spring comes: the flowers learn their colored shapes" -Maria Konopnicka

2 comments:

Linda G said...

I second that. Maybe you can bring spring back from down south. (Saint John that is) My tulips are up but I would really like to be able to get rid of the snowbanks and see out our patio door. I may have to resort to shovelling.

GailM. said...

Hey you guys. You are scaring me. Is that snow not gone yet. We're leaving Friday to head north. I hope you get +15 weather every day this week to knock those banks down. I don't want bad flodding though! I'm anxious to hear how your CQ class went Linda. Did your students love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...