STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Needlefelting on Silk



I belong to a small group called "Fusion". We have a lot of fun trying out new "Art quilt" techniques and products, such as Shiva Paintstiks, Heat set inks, Silk cocoons and rods, Angelina fiber and the like. Recently we experimented with Needlefelting. Here is my small piece- I felted hand-dyed pure silk fiber onto a piece of blue Dupioni silk, and worked in some other threads and fibers, and Angelina. I have added a bit of embroidery (featherstitch) done with variegated silk buttonhole twist thread, and a bit of beading. Not a piece worth big bucks, but it was fun! And that's the name of the game....
Piece,
Linda
"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see". - Edgar Degas

4 comments:

Linda G said...

Looks like fun!

GailM. said...

That's an interesting technique. I like the way the feather stitch peaks out of the needlefelting. It would be hard to stop at just a few stitches.

Linda H said...

Yes I must admit I really enjoyed trying out needelfelting. It is fun, I could see it being addictive. LaVerne has the needlefelting attachment, I cannot get it for my machine (probably a good thing - I'd spend hours playing....). Anyway, Cathy, Jean, LaVerne and I had a fun "play day" doing this... I had to make myself stop with the featherstitch and beading. It's too easy to get carried away and add too much... It's just a small piece, didn't want to overpower it.

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is beautiful Linda,, and I love the quote.. so true!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...