STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A year older....

Another birthday has come and gone... and I'm a year older. The big 55 - halfway between 50 and 60...ugh- that sounds OLD. I'm trying to look on the positive side, telling myself I can now get Senior Discounts at some stores!! Whooppeeeeee.....
Yesterday was a good day - I went to an Embroiderer's Guild Show, treated myself to a few new threads, went out to supper at our favorite Greek restaurant..yep, a good day!! I even received flowers and chocolate - now what more could a girl ask for?? (Well.... fabric maybe...)
Tonight I cooked one of my favorite meals - Maple Curried Chicken, with rice and fresh asparagus, and a decadent Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert. Yummmmm.. Because it's going to be tomorrow before I share photos of my progress on the CQ stocking, I'm going to give you my recipe for the chicken dish. Hope you like it.


Maple Curried Chicken
2 Tblsp. olive oil
2 Tblsp. butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 each red and green peppers, choppped
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup cream
1-2 Tblsp. medium curry paste
Heat oil and butter, soften onion and peppers. Add chicken and garlic, sprinkle sugar over and cook for 3 minutes. Add maple syrup, cook 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cream, reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes. Serve over noodles or rice.
Note- I often add mushrooms as well, and sometimes just make the sauce and serve over cooked chicken breasts

I promise I'll post a few photos of my CQ stocking later tomorrow. Meeting with my Fusion group in the morning , we're going to try out some heat set ink-dyes...

Piece,
Linda

Birthdays are good for you- the more you have, the longer you live!

4 comments:

GailM. said...

Happy Birthday and it sounds like you had a great day. Thanks for the Maple currie chicken recipe. It looks yummy. I'm so anxious to see your cQ sock.

Linda G said...

Thanks for the recipe. Three quarters of our family loves curry. (can entice my son home)
Sorry that I didn't wish you a happy birthday on Saturday when you popped in but glad that you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

I'm soon to hit that same speed bump, Linda - yikes - happy birthday! If this recipe is like the dish that Brewbakers serves, you've made me a happy girl...

Lee said...

Made the Maple Curry Chicken - mmm-mmm-good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...