STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shoo Fly, don't bother me...

Wasn't that the first line of a song? I remember that from long ago..."Shoo fly don't bother me" (repeated 3 times), then "I belong to somebody..."
Here is my little ShooFly, minus borders. Each time I teach a Miniatures class, I try to have at least one new Miniature done. I decided I really should do up a few fairly simple ones that aren't too teeny, as "possibilities" for the students to try. (I let them choose their own project in this class.) So I will finish this one up, with borders and some fairly simple quilting. I think I'll also do a small Churn Dash and maybe another one or two.. eventually... I give the students a list of fairly simple blocks that I suggest they choose from, so I really should have a few little quilts to go along with that "possible block choices" list. So I'll work away at that over the winter...
These blocks are 2.25" finished size. The HST's are 3/4 " and I used Thangles to do them. I've been debating over what to do for borders. I have a border print that I thought I might use, but still not sure it's the look I want. I hope to finish this up this week so I'll be sure to show you a photo when it's done, don't worry. What are you working on these days?

Peace,
Linda

"Be what you are.  This is the first step toward becoming better than you are." ~ Julius Charles Hart

1 comment:

Quilting Queen said...

I love your miniatures...makes me want to do more...not sure I will go that small though...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...