STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, October 21, 2011

On the Road Again...

I feel just like Willie Nelson these days, I seem to be on the road a lot.... I am just home from Moncton where I was one of three judges for the Greater Moncton Guild's 25th Anniversary Show "Follow The Stars".  It was an honour and a privilege to judge such a fine show. There are so many exceptional pieces, and if you are reading this from my local area, you really should get yourself to Moncton this weekend to take in this wonderful exhibit of some fine quilting! It's taking place at the Lion's Club at 55 Mark Ave.  Mark Ave. runs off of Collishaw, very close to the Fabric Cupboard, or you can get to it from Brandon St. off Mountain Road (Rinzler's Meat Market is on the corner). Here we are, the three judges, in front of their gorgeous raffle quilt (which I hope to win!!) L-R  myself, Anne Mattie from Thistle QG in Stellarton N.S. and fellow FQG member and buddy Monica Washburn.
 There are many fine pieces of work to be enjoyed, trust me. I am adding just a few photos tonight, as it is getting late and I have to be up early to drive to Woodstock to teach a class tomorrow. So here are a few of my favourites, and I will be adding more over the next few days. You will see exceptional piecing and applique work, wonderful Challenge pieces and more! You can also see a few pics here on our Guild blog.
Okay - off you go. Get yourself to Moncton. You know you waaaannnt to...
My Judge's Choice- Anniversary Challenge by Juanita Allain
1st Place, Small Pieced category, Anniversary Challenge by Shirley Baillieul
1st Place Art Quilt category, also Best of Show. "Fundy Mermaid" by Nancy Elaschuk

Detail of Fundy Mermaid, whose face is Nancy's daughter Kathleen
 Piece,
Linda

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." ~ Bev Sills

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks goodness you don't look like Willie Nelson=)

Dolores said...

Gorgeous quilts.

nancyE said...

Hi Linda, thanks for the kind words of praise but I would be remiss if I didn't point out my daughter's name is Kathleen instead of Sarah. Nancy E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...