STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Off to a Quilt Show...

Several weekends ago, hubby and I visited Cambridge Narrows, a small community about 45 minutes away, during their summer community festival weekend "Life at the Lakes". We wanted to visit our friends Wendy and Grant to see the progress on the new home they are building right on the shores of beautiful Washademoak Lake. I had a second purpose in mind as well - a quilt show! The small Guild there, Akerley Area Quilters' Guild, was putting on a Show and Tea called Stories Behind the Quilts. Many quilts had a short write-up telling the "story" of the quilt, and many were hand-quilted - so nice to see.We were a little late getting there, and time was short so my photos were rushed and are not fantastic, but I love seeing quilts displayed over pews in a church.  This was a lovely small country church, and I'm guessing you would like to see this display too. So here they are....
 Great job, Akerley Quilters!!

Piece,
Linda

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Nice show, sorry I missed that one.

GailM. said...

Nice. I totally didn't realize that this show was this past weekend. I was thinking it was the weekend before and I was so busy with Grammie camp. I'm glad you took great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...