STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Quilt Atlantic Retreat

Just a little shameless plug today.. I'm allowed that, aren't I? After all it IS my blog... Just wanted to make my local readers aware of the Quilt Atlantic Retreat coming up April 7-9 at White Point Beach Resort on beautiful Nova Scotia's south shore. Registration is now open and there are still spaces available. Why not come and join us for a great weekend retreat? I am thrilled to join the teaching faculty this year, along with several other well known NB quilting teachers, Sue McEachern, Juliet Nowlan and Brenda Dunsmore. Class topics include landscapes, wool appliqué, hand quilting, hand appliqué, top-stitched appliqué, stained glass quilts, miniatures, (that's me!) fabric jewelry, and there is a hooking class with Jane Steele of Riverhouse Rugs. Lots of selections to tempt you!

I've been told the meals are fabulous and just look at the venue! Although the trees won't yet be green and a walk on the beach may be a little cool and breezy, it's a beautiful resort and I know it's going to be a wonderful weekend of learning and camaraderie with Atlantic fabric artists and fiber enthusiasts.
Full details are available by clicking here. Register early to get your first choice of classes!

Peace,
Linda

Surround yourself with those who make you happy.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That sounds like a great retreat, but sadly I won't be able to make it......I'll be away!

Vee said...

I hope that you have a splendid time and a great turnout!

Karen said...

It will be a fabulous time...but such a long drive! It's a beautiful spot; you will enjoy the bunnies on the property, in addition to everything else, of course!

kath001 said...

How fun, and a gorgeous venue!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful spot for a retreat!! When I was a teenager I stayed there with relatives in a cabin. Not sure if it was the actual resort or something next to it. I remember people had written names, dates and saying all over the walls so I left my name there too. Haha. I often wondered just where that was and if its still around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...