STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wildflower Wednesday


Last week when I had several visits to "my" lupin patch, I also found these beautiful wild roses. Aren't they gorgeous? I wish you could smell them.. the scent was heavenly...  Naturally I took some photos of them as well, for this week (always trying to  think ahead!!) My time is very limited today so I'm not going to gab...  I know you just want to enjoy these few photos. Do you have any wild roses blooming where you live?




Peace,
Linda

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round." ~ Ben Hogan


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Lovely! I have wild roses where I live...and there are acres of them here. I love the scent of wild roses.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

No wild lupins or roses in my part of Ontario. Don't you have fields of fireweed out east too? I remember seeing something I had to look up when we visited PEI years ago.
Thanks for thinking of your blogging friends by sharing these pretty roses with us Linda.
Judith

Pamela Gordon said...

These are just beautiful Linda. I noticed the wild roses blooming in the ditch across the road yesterday and must get some pics tomorrow. I want to dig some up and try growing them in our yard or ditch. They are really loaded this year!

Karen said...

I love wild roses, this one has a particularly pretty blossom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...