STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary....

June 18th. Today would be my parent's 70th wedding anniversary. Where do the years go... Mum has been gone almost 10 years now, and Dad nearly 20. I still miss them daily. I occasionally "catch myself" expecting to see Mum standing behind me as I work in my garden. After her stroke, she lost most of her speech and she would walk over and just stand quietly behind me, watching what I was doing. I would never hear her, she was quiet as a mouse... then I'd turn and it would scare the heck out of me to find her right behind me.
My mother loved to garden and spent many happy hours "puttering" around the property. I think she'd be impressed if she could see it today... Dad wasn't much of a gardener, but he appreciated and enjoyed the results of  her green thumb.
So, "in honour" of my parents, I'm sharing some photos from my garden today - hope you enjoy them...
It seems I have a "purple thing" going on right now....

From the top collage, clockwise:
Japanese Iris, Jacob's Ladder and Chive.
Collage at the left, clockwise:
Clematis, Rhododendron, Poppy pod, Lady's Mantle, Columbine and
Japanese Iris.

Come back tomorrow for some other garden colors.....

Peace,
Linda

"Color! What a deep and mysterious language, the language of dreams."
 ~ Paul Gauguin

3 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...

It is such an emotional post which adorned with flowers!

My parent are still alive and I feel very lucky for it! But I totally felt your sadness and craving...

Not too many words to say!

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us!

Pamela Gordon said...

Gorgeous purple mosaics Linda! I just looked at your previous 2 quilt posts. They are so beautiful and unique. I have enjoyed seeing all these gorgeous quilts. Enjoy the nice weather this week. It's going to be hot!

nlcalendar said...

My dad is gone now and he always enjoyed my mum's flowers so much. your post brought a tear to my eye...but that's okay. Thanks, Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...