STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, December 30, 2011

Winding Down....

It's all over! You plan and work forever it seems, and then Christmas is over in the blink of an eye. It was quiet and relaxing at our house. Actually Laura had the flu for 36 hours so that kept things pretty low key... We are lucky that we don't have to travel anywhere so we just enjoy Christmas at home....
I am usually so darn tired by the time Christmas Day rolls around that once the day is over, I just veg for about a week. And that's exactly what I've been doing. I needed it....  Ollie has been vegging too- lots of naps, especially in the sunshine if he can find a spot. He follows the sun around the house, napping in the pools of warmth. Some days I am tempted to curl up beside him...
 Actually I've had my nose in a book since Christmas night- it's my favourite thing to do after the Christmas dinner dishes are done- sit down with a new book. I'm now halfway through New York by Edward Rutherford. I've been wanting to get into it for a while, but knew I shouldn't start it until I had most of the "gift-sewing" done. It is excellent, another that I have a hard time putting down....
It's been a busy few weeks with all the Christmas prep, along with doctor and dentist appointments for Laura, passport photos and renewals for all of us, Laura has had two "parties", one a gathering of friends from elementary school and the other a surprise birthday lunch for a friend and 12 others from Kings Landing today at noon. After today, we can start getting  things back to "normal"... whatever that is... and I'm heading back to my studio. I'm ready to get back at some sewing...

Peace,
Linda

At Christmas play and make good cheer, for it comes just once a year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...