STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus...

I've been ignoring my blog the last few days so that I could get a grip on Christmas preparations... and I have made some good progress with shopping and decorating. Still more of both to be done, but I'm getting there. I'm down to making a list each day of what I have to accomplish before I can go to bed.. it works for me... And crossing things off that list gives me great satisfaction. Are you a "list maker"?
I thought I'd show you my Santa collection today. A few years ago I fell in love with a new man... no, not Santa....  Jim Shore. We've never met, and I don't expect to ever meet him - but I surely do love his work. I started looking for his Santas (and Angels) and before long I had collected quite a few. Here they are - I arrange them on top of my piano, since I don't have a mantle. I have one other, although he is blue and white and doesn't really "fit" with the other Santas - I call him Father Winter and I leave him out till March or April or until the snow is gone. You can see him here. 
The small Santa on the far right is the very first one in my collection- I found him at the Maine Quilt Show, probably 6 or 7 (?) years ago. That was the first time I'd heard of Jim Shore. The tall one on the left is actually a nutcracker Santa. The large (chubby?) one in the middle is one of my very favourites. He is called "My True Love Gave to Me" and has all the characters from the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" on his tummy - he is really quite spectacular. Come back tomorrow for a closer look at several of my favourite Santas....
Do you have special Christmas collections?

Peace,
Linda

 "He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!" ~ Clement C. Moore

3 comments:

Janet said...

Your Santa's are very lovely. It will be a treat to see some of them up close.

Sue said...

I also have a Santa collection, and a snowman collection as well. My grandson counted the Santas on top of the TV cabinet yesterday and there are 18 up there. The three Jim Shore Santa are my favorites. I loved seeing yours.

GailM. said...

Love them all!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...