STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! Although yesterday was cold and rainy, we have seen glimpses of sun today even though the clouds are back again now. Just thought I'd share a few "spring-y" images with you- no photos of the Easter Bunny, but finally it's beginning to look like spring might be here.
This is what I'm seeing today around my yard. The crocus are in full bloom, as are the Chionodoxa (Glory of the Snow). I think it is one of the cheeriest of all the spring bulbs. Despite it's Mediterranean origins, it is very hardy and seems to be anxious to burst forth in bloom despite the cool spring temps.They've been rained, sleeted (is that even a word??) and snowed on this past week, yet look at those cheery little blooms below...

One of the entries in our Guild Spring Challenge this past week was called "Spring: Colour Comes Back to my World". She is a fellow gardener, and I agree with her thoughts- I'm tired of white, let's have some colour!! Bring on the gardening!! Guess that's why I love spring bulbs so much- they finally bring back the colour after a long white winter...
I hope you have enjoyed a nice Easter weekend. I'm busy with finalizing things for our Quilt Show next weekend, and preparing to teach a class out of town on Wednesday. I have fabric kits to cut for a class of 17... No time for Easter eggs for this chickie...
Laura has returned to Halifax to vacate her apartment and get moved into her new Bachelor pad with Dad's help, and write her two exams this week. Mark will not be home for two more weeks so I am making use of the time alone to get a lot accomplished the next few days....

Peace
Linda


"If spring came but once a century instead of once a year, or burst forth with the sound of an earthquake and not in silence, what wonder and expectation there would be in all hearts to behold the miraculous change." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Linda - Happy Spring - your flower photos are gorgeous! I would love to be ablt to see your quilt show - I bet it will be fabulous - I love quilts!
I wish you luck in the drawing!

Vicki

Marie Alton said...

Ohhh ... Glory of the Snow! I saw mine dow in the front bed today too! And guess what else?
Forsythia ... as I drove down a neighbouring street ... just starting to show ... but glad to see it ... and saw a big bunch of Daffodils!
This really has been an April full of showers ... but May is next week ... bring on the May flowers!

Glad you had a marvelous adventure in CT ... & all the other stops ... I'm jealous!

Happy Spring!

Hugs ... Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...