STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby, it's COLD outside

What are you doing these cold winter days to stay warm and keep busy? I am trying to spend as much time as I can in my studio. But it's a cool room compared to the rest of the house, as it "sticks out" on the north end of our home. So I don my warm Norwegian woolen sweater and turn on all the track lights - they eventually warm up the room. Ollie is keeping me company - or is it just that he likes to sprawl on the ironing board, especially after I've ironed something - he loves the warmth. Here he is after I've finished ironing some fabric.... what a life he leads!
I'm working on a quick lap quilt. The block is very simple and goes together easily so it should be a quick finish. I have had a Bali Pop for a while now and was wondering what to do with it. When my buddy Sue did this quilt with leftover Balis from another project, I decided it would be perfect for my jelly roll. It's called Mulberry and is mostly purples, greens and golds; I had to cut a few more strips from my stash so I've added a bit of shrimpy pink as well...
Oh, sorry Ollie- is the light in your eyes?

Piece,
Linda

When it snows you have two choices - shovel, or make snow angels.

2 comments:

GailM. said...

Oh, the life of a cat!! Wonderful to cuddle up with some yummy fabrics. Yes it's cold out...brrrr.

Anonymous said...

Olie is one lucky cat. My cat loves nothing better than jumping in the dryer once the towels are dry. Sleeps in there forever. Your fabrics are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing it together. Lucy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...