STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, July 6, 2009

Finally Finished.. in time for July 1st NEXT year?!

Well, here it is... all done. I just have to stitch the hanging sleeve onto the back. We are off on a little holiday trip tomorrow, so that's a good job to get done in the car. I am pleased with the way it turned out, not so sure I want to put all my pins through it now!! My friend Gail has said she will make me a label for the back, with the CQA/ACC logo on it, on her embroidery machine so that will look very nice...
I haven't blogged for a few days, have been busy trying to get things organized for hubby and I to take off for a few days on a little trip. He's a workaholic and getting him to go away for more than a few hours is a major undertaking/accomplishment... Last summer, we got away for a whole day and a half!!! So, we're off to Halifax and the Annapolis Valley to visit friends and former neighbours.. it's been way too long since our last visit. Sometimes you wonder if a trip is worth it, for all you have to do to get ready... We haven't gone away very often and left our kids "home alone"... but they're certainly old enough now to manage... it's just the organizing meals, groceries, etc. etc... At least this time I'm not worrying too much about my gardens needing watering while we're gone; Mother Nature has certainly been looking after that! We've had over three weeks with daily rain.... and NO sun. It's getting depressing. I'm ready for some sun and heat. Bring it on! Plants in pots are rotting, moulding, and just generally looking very unhappy... I've lost geraniums, lobelia, bedding plants... Mushrooms are sprouting throughout the lawn and flower beds... Some mornings when I shower I think I can see green mould growing between my toes and my fingers are starting to web...just kidding, but seriously, enough is enough!! Let's have some summer NOW!
I must say though, the lawns and trees are looking very lush, and my hostas are loving all the moisture...
Piece,
Linda
Have you ever noticed.. you never see recipes for leftover chocolate...?






1 comment:

GailM. said...

The Canada Day quilt is sweet. Maybe by next Canada Day, I'll have one :). But look at those Hostas!!! How lush. I can see their happy faces just drinking up all the moisture. But alas, it sounds like all that is coming to an end... finally. They're calling for sun tomorrow. Enjoy your trip to Halifax.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...