STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, April 4, 2009

New notions from Fons and Porter

I'm home safe and sound after a teaching day at The Quiltery in Riverview. It is always such a pleasure to teach at Martha's shop. She has a wonderful classroom - well lit and good space for each individual student. Her shop has a good varied fabric stock, books, magazines and patterns, and a great supply of notions.
I want to tell you about a few new notions I saw while there- you will all want them! Both are by Fons and Porter. First - a pair of gloves for machine quilting. They are comfortable to wear and the fingers and palms are covered with the little "dots" that grip. They are 100% cotton and machine washable, they even come in several color choices. And best of all - they are only $3.99!! If you machine quilt, you will want a pair of these! They really do help reduce tension in your neck and hands.
The other item is a fine lead mechanical marking pencil that washes out. It has a soft grip for added comfort and an eraser. The strong ceramic 0.9MM white lead is specially formulated for fabric and made from water soluble dyes. I have to say I was VERY impressed with this pencil. Those of you who know me, know that I LOVE the General's marking pencils - in fact I convinced Martha to stock them a few years back. But she and I both agree- this one has Generals' beat!! You can buy extra packages of leads- both white and dark, also extra erasers. Now thats impressive! My students today cleaned her out, but she has more coming in next week!

Those of you readers who live in N.B., remember that Martha is one of our Pfaff dealers, and she provides wonderful service. Her husband Peter does all the machine repairs and servicing, and unless you have a major problem, it is same day service -ie bring your machine in in the morning, and you'll get it back later the same day! You can't beat that! AND Peter knows his stuff!!

Well, thats it for today. My little plug for The Quiltery at 630 Pinewood Road in Riverview! One of my favorite shops. You can visit them at http://www.thequiltery.com/

Piece,
Linda

"To love another person is to see the face of God" - Victor Hugo (Les Miserables)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...