STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools on us!

Well I don't think it's one bit funny! April Fools or not! We are in the midst of a snowstorm! It is snowing like crazy and the driving is awful. And they have just predicted "thundersnow"!! What the heck??? Of course my winter tires came off this week... (my ever so efficient hubby...) We're supposed to get 10" of the darn stuff before tomorrow morning! We have to go out tonight to a surprise (65th) birthday party for my brother, and I have to sing at a wedding tomorrow morning. Yuch - I'm going to have to dig my winter boots out again!!
I've been pretty quiet on here this week - I am "up to my eyeballs busy"... working on my Guild Challenge for our upcoming Show (it's going very well, but I cannot show you any pics at this point, sorry), taking Registrations for our Show (now closed, thankfully -we are FULL UP!!), I have a class to teach out of town on Monday, still lots of prep for that to do... and I leave a week from tomorrow morning for southern climes... well, OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration. It is south of here though... I'm off to Connecticut for a three day workshop with Sharon Boggon , Crazy Quilter Extraordinaire of Australia, who blogs at Pin Tangle. I cannot wait! Have a look at some of Sharon's amazing CQ work here. I'm also going to meet some of my online blogging friends like Susan Elliott of Plays with Needles. If all goes as planned, Susan has arranged for a group of us to head into NYC on Monday for a day of shopping in the Garment District and no doubt we'll find a few other things to see and do as well... You see we must have all the many supplies listed for our three day class (Tuesday to Thursday) - what better excuse for a little shopping excursion...? So... I have much to accomplish in the next seven days, so I will no doubt not be blogging much. Bear with me.. there will be some wonderful photos .. eventually, I hope. Now, where are those winter boots...?

Piece,
Linda

The birds are gone, the ground is white.
The winds are wild, they chill and bite.
The ground is thick with slush and sleet -
What an April Fools Day treat!

4 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I'm sorry you had a bad joke played on you with snow. It needs to go away for all of us. I know you will have a great time in CT. I wish I would have planned for that.Say hi to Maureen for me???
Smiles,
Pat

Amy said...

O my I am sorry about the snow.

Marie Alton said...

Hi Linda ... Oh what a cruel joke! We had a sprinkling of snow a few days ago ... but turned to rain by 10 am ... by the time I left for work at noon ... it was gone!

Wish I could be with you all in CT but alas ... the budget just did not permit.

Say HI to all for me too please ... and have a blast! You know we're gonna expect visuals upon your return!

Hugs ... Marie

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the snow. What a setback....I know that snow is the least of the things on your mind... You are a busy gal. I can't wait to see what you make in your CQ classes. How exciting. Gail M.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...