STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, July 20, 2009

What's Bloomin' This Week?

Care to take a stroll through my garden? My lilies are coming into bloom, so thought I'd share a few photos with you. My paternal Grandmother's name was Lily - actually Lillian I think, but her friends called her Lil. I barely remember her, as she died when I was not quite five. The only clear memory I have of her is that she kept a jar of maple buds up in her kitchen cupboard and she always treated me to one or two when I popped in to visit.. (I can still picture what shelf they were on). I often think of her when I see my lilies. The bed they are in is no more than 50 feet from where she lived. I think I recall that she loved flowers although she never had much of a garden, that I can recall anyway. But I'd like to think she would like all my Lilies...


It's another busy week, and I'm trying to get ready for another little trip away- off to the Maine State Quilt Show in a few days. I'll be taking two days of classes, plus squeezing in some serious shopping time, if we're lucky... So this is brief tonight. I'll try to post again tomorrow, and then you won't hear from me for a few days.
Peace,
Linda
"Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity". ~ Lindley Karstens

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...