STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Another One Off the List!

Today, a small project finish! It has been patiently waiting for me to get back to it for (ahem) a while now.... This topper was made in the spring of 2015, quilted this past April and has been waiting since then for binding. I don't know why I put it off so long; once I got at it, it didn't take long at all to finish up. The design/pattern is called Crazy Eights Strip Teaser Table Topper by the "3/4 Crazies" of Lake Havasu AZ. You can read more about it in a previous post here. The original design (and hence the name "Crazy Eights") called for eight fabrics in

the strip set, but that made quite a large topper, so we used just six. It is the perfect size for my kitchen table, measuring  33.5" across from tip to tip. I wouldn't want it any larger (unless it was for the dining room table.)
It is quilted with Superior Thread's King Tut thread, in a spiral design. King Tut is a 40 wt. thread, made of extra long staple cotton, and I love it. This was color #923, called Fahl Green. I spaced the spiral lines just a little over an inch apart, and wish now they were a bit closer, perhaps 3/4"... but I'm not taking it all out to re-do. No sirree! It's done, and done is better than perfect. Another one off the list!  




Piece!
Linda

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future; concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

4 comments:

2dogs2luv said...

it's beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

What a great design - I love how you have quilted it! Love your fabric choices too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Being a new to quilting, this pattern just bowls me over. I'm going to re-read your previous post about this piece. I love it!
xx, Carol

Karen said...

Very pretty, Linda. Love all the shades of green!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...