STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Totin' a New Totebag





Do you ever get the desire to just start a new project, even though you have several underway, and others that you really should be working on? C'mon, be truthful.. I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to...
(Sometimes you just need a little "variety"... at least that's my theory)






The urge hit on Monday evening to make a new totebag. Since I'm off to Maine tomorrow to attend the Pine Tree Quilters' Guild state show "Maine Quilts 2015", I thought I really should have a new totebag "just in case" I make any purchases and need a bag to carry them in. ... Okay, I KNOW I really don't NEED a new totebag, but what's need got to do with it? Since I already had the pattern and all the fabrics (all purchased together last January in Florida) I figured this was a good excuse opportunity to get it made up. After all, it was all right there in front of me, with the interfacing, Peltex, thread - I didn't need to purchase anything to complete it. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)











You might remember a while back I made this totebag - same pattern - the Fiji Tote by Pink Sand Beach Designs. I really like this pattern- it is so well done. Clear instructions, laid out step by step with colour photos for every step. It goes together slick as a whistle, everything fits... NO problems at all. It is not difficult. I love the Peltex in the bottom to give it a nice squared base, and the sides have interfacing part way up as well as the fusible fleece, so it holds its shape well, and stands on its own. So I started it Monday night, and finished it up last night. Tada... what do you think?




Peace,
Linda

I love quilting, and have plenty of material witnesses.

12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love these beautiful colors and how handy to have lots of pockets. I'm about to switch to sewing something different too. I get so many ideas and love to sew. And of course we always 'need' a new tote! Hugs, Diane

Jeanna said...

Pretty tote and in some of my favorite colors. Hope your trip to Maine is enjoyable.

Vee said...

I think it's great! Great design, great fabric. Hope that you have a great time at the Quilt Show this year! It should be great weather to welcome you. Everything's just "great."

Jennifer said...

How gorgeous is that bag! Lovely fabrics and colours, and a great design - what's not to like? Enjoy the quilt show, and tell us about it when you return.

Sheila said...

Under the circumstances I think you needed a new tote especially when you had everything on hand and you needed a little variety . I do that all the time ;-) enjoy your trip .

Sheila said...

I forgot to say I think it is beautiful !

Country Gal said...

Nice job ! I like it !

Karen said...

Love it - it's so *YOU*. Now - fill it up with goodies from Maine, and show us what you got!

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Beautiful tote bag. Love the colours! Thanks for sharing.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the design and colour you chose this time for the bag. It would have many uses too I'm sure and although I don't make bags, I have a collection I use for various things.
Have a good weekend.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

With such beautiful material to work with of course you needed a new tote bag :)

Donna said...

I think it is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...