STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yummy Greek Salad

Here is the recipe I promised a few days ago. The dressing is quick and easy and you likely have all the ingredients, except perhaps the feta. At this time of year when I have lots of cucumbers and tomatoes in the garden, this is the perfect recipe for a colorful salad to accompany supper. This dressing recipe came from the Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog a few months ago.

Greek Salad

equal amounts of chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and green pepper (I use red pepper too, when I have one on hand) I try to cut them all roughly the same size.
Kalamata olives, optional
feta cheese

Dressing:
3 Tblsp. olive oil
3 Tblsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
2 Tblsp. crumbled feta

Place all ingredients in a jar, cover and shake well. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving salad, to let the flavours meld.
Shake and pour over vegetables just before serving. Toss and top with crumbled feta, to taste. Serve.

Peace,
Linda

"We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly." ~ Anna Thomas

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Yum! Thank you for sharing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks yummy! We eat more salads here in Florida. I'm catching up on your blog to see what I've missed. I saw your book review. I learn so much about history reading books like that! Sweet hugs, Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...