STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, October 28, 2013

The Beauty of October

Although I dislike the thoughts of winter and colder weather coming soon, I do love the autumn. Who is not charmed by the colorful display that Mother Nature dresses up in, in the fall? But fall is fading fast. Many trees are already bare and the color that is left, is predominantly yellows and golds and the burnished bronzes and browns of the oaks.  I've been out a few times "in search of color" in the last few weeks and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I seem to have missed the peak time, or I just wasn't looking in the right places at the right times or something... Anyway, here are a few more fall color photos, for what they're worth. Not spectacular, but as my friend Wendy O. says "It is what it is"...


Do you have a favourite tree? This is one of mine, a beautiful maple, just down the street from my house. It's on the golf course and I pass it daily. I love watching it through all the seasons, but especially in the fall...

The bees have been heaping the love on my fall asters...




I do love the red sumac. If we get the promised sun this week, I'll be back at the sumac patch to get more photos. Love that red!!


This California Black Walnut tree is on my side lawn and is right outside my studio window. It brightens the room on a sunny day as the yellow leaves really glow in the sunshine.


This is the Burning Bush on the other side of the front lawn - it is totally red now... but I love the red and green combination before it is all turned brilliant red.


A beautiful oak - I enjoy them almost as much as the maples. Almost. Not quite.


There's that red and green combo again..... I think this photo would almost work for a Christmas card - what do you think?

Peace,
Linda

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." ~ L.M.Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

These photos are very beautiful, Linda! We do not get this beauty and wonderful color change where I live. I so appreciate when my blog friends share!

Wendy said...

"What it is" Linda is beautiful! Great photos and a nice varety of colour.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...