STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Hate Spam!

I do hate spam! I know, hate is a strong word and I try not to use it often. I'm not talking the "luncheon meat" here (although I'm not fond of it either). I'm talking about the anonymous comments that bloggers get, clogging up their inboxes and sometimes actually appearing under blog comments. Since I took off the Word Verification on my Comments, I usually get upwards of half a dozen per day. A bit of a pain, but it's manageable. I just delete them and keep on going. Few actually show up on my blog. But today- I seem to have been hit with a flurry of spam comments - over 50 so far. So I have disabled "Anonymous Comments" on my blog for now. I'll leave it for a few days and see if that helps. Those of you without google accounts who use anonymous comments (Jeanne Kaye, Lucy, etc.) will have to be patient for a few days, until this darn spam robot gets fed up and moves on.... Then I'll change the settings back....

Peace,
Linda

A person of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds. ~ Anonymous

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...