STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Update...

Just so you know I'm still alive, thought I should give another brief update. I'm muddling along, getting things done- just not as quickly as usual. Both chicks are home to the nest now, so that's nice. The driveway was full tonight as Mark's buddies gathered...
12-12-12 has passed.. We won't see that occurrence again until January 1st of 2101: 01-01-01. I won't be here to see it, and neither will my children... Some are concerned about tomorrow - the last day of the Mayan calendar, supposedly.. I'm not too worried, but just in case - Thank you all for following along on Stitch Lines. It's been a blast! (But I am quite sure we'll all still be here on Saturday...)
Yesterday would have been my Mum's 96th birthday. I still miss her every day. I can't believe she's been gone 10 years now, and my Dad almost 20.
So - things are getting ticked off the ole list. Shopping almost done. Just little last minute things left.
Wrapping started - still a ways to go on that one..  Christmas Pudding is made, and 1 batch of shortbreads done ("Cinnamon Sticks" - shortbread "fingers" rolled in cinnamon sugar. Recipe here.) Tomorrow I'll do regular shortbreads, chocolate squares and we'll see what else. Our Ladies Choir Concert was held last Sunday - again a great success, and $5,000.00 of the proceeds will be split between the Food Bank and The Next 26, a charity for the homeless. Our Choir dinner on Tuesday evening was lovely; best of all we raised a good amount of $$ by donation for the Community Kitchen. It feels good to help out these worthy charities at this time of year when the need is so great.
Decorating is almost finished, except for putting our tree up - that's the next big thing to cross off... All cards, letters and emails have been sent. So - we're getting there...
I have 4 Physio sessions under my belt now, arm/shoulder is feeling somewhat better. The exercises I've been doing are to increase range of motion. By next week I should be able to start strengthening exercises. I had an X-ray this week, no results yet. So- that's where I'm at. Thank you to all who have inquired as to how I'm  doing. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I'm hangin' in...
We had a significant snowfall on Tuesday and Wednesday. We lost our power on Tuesday night for about 7 hours.. we were lucky- some people don't have it back yet! So it's lookin' like a white Christmas for us...

Peace,
Linda

"Then let your heart be filled with joy
While Christmas bells are ringing,
And keep the birthday of the Lord
With merriments and singing."
~ Mary Jane Carr

1 comment:

Darlene D said...

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better! We've had a bit of snow here too but apparently it's gonna rain off today! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...