STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jelly, Baby!!

I promised a photo of my beautiful RED Spiced Apple Jelly - here it is. I made 26 bottles of sweet yumminess! 10 large, 16 small...  Thanks Grammy Lil for this Kelly family tradition! These are the small bottles, to go with roast chicken. The large bottles, a little more than twice this size, are the "turkey" bottles...
Edit -I have finally learned the name of this apple variety - it is called "Beautiful Arcade"

Next - another red project...

Peace,
Linda

"Surely the apple is the noblest of fruits." ~ Henry David Thoreau


5 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Beautiful deep shade!

Pamela Gordon said...

They are just gorgeous! What a glorious colour.

Darlene D said...

Wow, it's beautiful! Such a pretty red! Just came across your blog, I'm also a quilter from the Maritimes. Added your blog to my blog list, thanks for sharing!

GailM. said...

Love that spiced Jelly. You gave me a bottle a couple of years ago. It was delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...