STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, February 12, 2012

TAST Week 6 - Chevron

The TAST challenge for this week is the Chevron stitch. Here is my Chevron sampler. I have stitched, stacked, layered, "tied" with fly stitch, laced with ribbonfloss, "married" chevron with cretan, and used it to couch down a length of velvet ribbon. I do like the chevron stitch, but I find it's a bit harder than some to "vary"because of how it is formed.































 I have used it before- at right is a close-up shot of it along a seam on a WIP (Work In Progress). Click here to see "Sharon's Picks" - the "highlights" of the week. Or click here and click on comments at the top of the post to view all the participant's links to their stitching. There's some great stuff happening in this Challenge!!

Peace,
Linda

"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

Dolores said...

You are so very neat. I like that you date things when you do your notations.

MargB said...

Linda
What a beautiful sampler - and yes I agree so neat.

I love your quilts (and your cat) as well.

Thankyou for visiting my blog.
marg

libbyquilter said...

love that last photo using the chevron. the colors in combination with the gold beads is lovely.

your samplers are always so varied and interesting. i really like the idea of couching down a ribbon with the chevron. i'll have to give that a try.

:-)
libbyQ

Jane said...

I like it done in this sampler form, it's a great stitch to work in conjunction with others

Wendy said...

I am so amazed at all the variations of all the stitches you have been showing. Great job Linda!

Linda H said...

Thank you for all your kind comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...