STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, February 13, 2012

Spicy Spiral Fun...

As I promised you on Saturday, here is a sneak peek at a new  and rather "different" tablerunner (still to be layered and quilted). The pattern is called Spicy Spiral Table Runner, designed by School House Quilts. It is made with eight 1/4 yard cuts and a 9 or 10 degree wedge ruler. My friend Gail M. was supposed to teach this for our Guild in the fall, but we couldn't get enough people to sign up at that time. So a small group of us got together last week for a "mini class" with Gail. I chose colours which are out of my usual "comfort zone" and I'm really pleased with the results. However it doesn't really go with the colour scheme in my home so it will probably end up
being a gift for a friend. It was a fun project and much quicker (and easier) than I had anticipated. I
will have to set it aside for a bit as I have other things that must get done first, but I'll be anxious to get back to it and finish it off. I'll be sure to share a "finish photo" when it's done...Here is a pic of one which was completed that day - my buddy Sue is "sew smart".. and fast! Isn't it gorgeous?!! It looks great in her kitchen, but just as good in her snowy backyard...
I was making rolls on Saturday, trying a new recipe, and I promised to share it if they turned out.. Well they DID turn out just fine, and you can find the recipe here. They went well with the Mulligatawny Soup. I was a teeny bit disappointed as far as the flavour went, I'd only give them a 3.5 out of 5, but they WERE quick and easy, and made just one 9x9 pan full (perfect for the two of us).
Today is my 3rd Blogiversary! I can't believe I've now been blogging for three full years and am just a few posts short of the 500 mark! Think I'll break out the balloons and party hats! I hope you'll hang in there with me for another year!!

Peace,
Linda

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." ~ Joseph Addison

5 comments:

Arlene White said...

Linda, congratulations, your runners are lovely. I made one for my sister-in-law for Christmas. We too had a mini class, you can see on my blog. (scroll to the bottom)

Thank you for sharing.
Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Fibers

GailM. said...

The runners are so nice.... I can't believe it's been three years!! Man, the years are flying by...

libbyquilter said...

happy 3rd blogaversary~!!~
those table runners are really fabulous. i especially like the one of 'spice' colors.
thank you for the recipe.

:-)
galiz

Angela Grasse said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Marie Alton said...

Wow Linda ... those runners are so cool!

OMG ... 3 years for you already? Congrats ... I always enjoy catching up on your adventures!

Ya know ... I've been so busy with so many other things ... I totally blitzed my own back in January!

And you're close to 500 posts ? ... gees I haven't even hit 400 ... but then again I'm a tardy blogger!

Hugs ... Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...