STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poppy Love....

Each June I have shown you my beautiful Princess Victoria Louise poppy when it blooms. No doubt you are tired of seeing it, but guess what - here it is one more time. I've taken a little different approach this time - I'm playing around with learning how to do a photo collage.. this is my first attempt - hope you like it!
I bought a new poppy last week; it likely will not bloom this year, but hopefully I'll have some gorgeous new poppy blooms to show you next June... It's a double fringed poppy called "Fancy Feathers". Can't wait...

Peace
Linda

Gardening is a way of showing you believe in tomorrow.

3 comments:

GailM. said...

Ah, nice collage. I had two poppies at the cottage last year, but this year they never came up. The ground has been wet, so I don't think poppies like lots of water.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Linda, I really enjoyed seeing your Lupins and your very very lovely Poppies. WOW, how I love your PINK poppies. Truly beautiful. I would love to try and grow them but the deer keep eating them before they can grow. VBG Hugs Judy

JennyPennyPoppy said...

What a gorgeous poppy & such a lovely colour!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...