STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Big Apple.... under construction....

Thanks to all of you who gave me suggestions, in response to my last post. I appreciate your help. I am going to give the heavy duty Heat'n'Bond a try and if that doesn't work, I'm going to try adding a little fine wire in the petals. Hopefully that will do the trick. Because I have a number of small blossoms to make I'm hoping for as "quick and easy" as possible... Can't show you what I'm doing at this point, but all will be revealed in good time... trust me...
In the meantime, I'm working away on building New York City... I'm back at my NYC wallhanging, in hopes of finishing it for our April Show. In the last few days I've "built" the Guggenheim, Lady Liberty and finished off the Chrysler Building! Now I'm working on the borders. I'll give you a tiny peek here today, and hope to show you the whole top within a few more days, if all goes well...

Piece
Linda

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or the last time." ~ Betty Smith, from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hmmm...this sounds very intriguing! I especially want to see your Chrysler Building as I've often thought it would translate well in fabric. Can't wait to see what you are up to, Linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...