STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Autumn Quilt Decor...

How do you decorate with quilts? Other than wallhangings, I must admit most of my little quilts "live" on a pile in my fabric closet, seldom to see the light of day.... But if they are "seasonal" or holiday-related, I do try to get them out and use them. This year I decided it was time for several of my miniatures to be used... so here they are. One of my all time favourites, this little Log Cabin which is 11" square, sits on my kitchen counter under "Punkin Puss". I love this Hallowe'en kitty which I found a few years ago on a sale table for a ridiculously low price - he just meowed to come home with me... what could I do?


Another miniature "Along the Wilderness Trail" is topped with this friendly Hallowe'en witch. I have to find a nice spicy-smelling candle for her to hold, otherwise she'll just end up with a tea light on Hallowe'en night.... (Both of these little quilts are square, they just look rectangular because of my camera angle.)



I love this table mat, made from a Sashiko square and bordered with a beautiful fall Asian print. It's the perfect size to sit on my kitchen table with a bowl of gourds and a bouquet of chinese lanterns from my garden. I must say the bouquet looked better a few weeks ago- they seem to have slumped as they dried... I never have professed to be a floral designer!! lol

Of course I have hung my recently completed Fall Quilt - you saw it here. Also hanging in my foyer is a fall themed hooked piece done by my Mother. She did beautiful needlework and hooking and I inherited the entire collection when she died. Lucky me! So I am trying to display some of them on a rotating basis. I am not crazy about the "basketwork" base she has mounted this piece on, but I love the hooking so it is on my wall...

As I am writing this post, I just remembered a fall lap quilt that I have not put out! Perhaps I will add a photo of it tomorrow as it is past prime photo-taking time now...

How do you decorate with your quilts? Leave me a comment with your ideas....





Piece
Linda

Autumn Leaves

Leaves in the autumn come tumbling down,
Scarlet and yellow, russet and brown,
Leaves in the garden are swept in a heap,
Trees are undressing, ready for sleep.


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are so cute, and so time consuming... I do wallhangings and tablerunners/covers for benches for my quilty displays...

Linda H said...

I don't have many tablerunners... maybe I should put them on my "to do" list...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...