STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mailbox Surprise

Don't you just love opening your mailbox these days? It seems each day brings a Christmas card or two now; we love hearing from all our friends and getting caught up on the news. But today I got a special surprise when I opened my mailbox- a small package! You know what they say- good things come in small packages!!

Several weeks ago I won a "contest" of sorts on Pat Winter's Blog Gatherings. She was working on a small crazy quilted item and asked her readers to guess what it was going to be. She gave us the dimensions and the clue that it would "be useful for many outings".... Here is what we saw. My guess was a carrier for a bottle or flask; actually with winter coming I was thinking flask- for Hot Chocolate or Cider of course! One other lucky reader and I were correct. (The other reader was "more correct" than I with her guess of a water bottle carrier.) So today in my mailbox was my prize - a "Bliss Kit" from Pat. It contained some lovely hand-dyed 7mm silk ribbon, 4 of Pat's Victorian images and two little bead packs. Thanks so much Pat!! I can't wait to use your "goodies"... I wonder what will be in my mailbox tomorrow?
Piece,
Linda
There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~ Edith Wharton

1 comment:

GailM. said...

Very nice. Getting a nice little gift like this is very inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...