STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow...

I'm back!! We have had major Internet problems since late last week. I wrote a post on Sunday morning but couldn't get the pics to load, and then couldn't get back on to my Blog to post... There were trucks in our area working on the lines, and since neighbours were also having troubles, I just assuned that was it. But the work is done, trucks are gone, others were no longer having difficulties, but we still were. Emails would not send, websites would not open... MOST frustrating! Anyway, after two calls to Bell, we're now back in business. Who knew that your modem and router could get "out of sync"? And the "fix" was as simple as unplugging both, waiting a few minutes and then plugging them back in, one at a time... The things you learn!!!

Anyway, this sort of seems like "stale news" now....We had our first significant snowfall on Saturday night. Yes we've had a few snowfalls before this, but they didn't last - it either just melted off or was "rained away"... But this one was beautiful - soft fluffy snow which covered the ground and trees, turning the outdoors into a "fairyland"... I love the first snowfall... As soon as Christmas is over, I'm ready for spring and warm weather... but for now, it's beautiful. And now we have another storm on the way - heavy snowfall warnings issued... so we're hunkering down tonight. Think I'll pick up a good movie, stock up on popcorm and hope the power doesn't go off...

I received a wonderful gift from a dear friend on Friday afternoon - what perfect timing.... She made me an entire new set of crocheted snowflakes. Shown here are 15 of the 21 I received - aren't they beautiful? And every one is different. She gave me a number of these 19 years ago, for our first Christmas in this house and I hang them every year. However they were starting to look yellowed, so it was time for new ones. I hang these in my two kitchen windows each year, on the day of the first good snowfall and they remain there until the snow is gone in the spring. I love them - they're one of my favourite decorations, and I often think of my friend Joy when I look at them... Thanks Joy, for such a wonderful gift from the hands of a special friend. (This is the same special friend who made the beautiful smocked eggs you saw here at Easter).

Piece,
Linda

A snowflake is winter's butterfly....

1 comment:

GailM. said...

I love crochetted snowflakes. I have quite a few that my mother made. I will always treasure them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...