STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, June 10, 2011

Lilac Love

Who doesn't love Lilacs? We don't have any on our property, but there are some very close by. I love their scent and who can resist photographing their beautiful blossoms? I thought you might enjoy a closeup look at this popular June favourite....


Lilacs

Little petalled blossoms hang
In soft clusters of
Lavender lace
Adorning spring's greenery,
C
atching honeybees with
S
weet perfume.

~ Elaine Magliaro







Peace,
Linda

"Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil." ~ Heber

5 comments:

MissesStitches said...

I love lilacs! Their smell is so beautiful. We had them when I was growing up in Iowa, but we don't have nearly as many here in California.

Wendy said...

I agree Linda. Who doesn't love lilacs? Ours are still not fully opened. Beautiful photography!
Have you ever been to the Metis Gardens near Matane Que.? They had the most beautiful lilacs...white, pink and of course lilac. Walking through a lane way of scented lilacs was absolutely magical.

Lori E said...

I love your photography Linda. Your photos are so sharp and the colour quality is great. I look forward to seeing your new flag on the sidebar soon.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved lilacs. I agree that your photos are the BEST! I think you should make a collage of all your flowers... Gail M.

Susan Elliott said...

I think you are a full month and a half behind us down here! Thanks for posting them...I think i can smell them through my computer screen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...