STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

If It Feels Good...Do It!

If it feels good, do it! How long since you've heard that expression? Well I hafta tell ya- I've been doin' it today... and it feels good!! Yes I've been sewing!! (What did you think I was doin'?) It's been waaay too long since I sat at my beloved machine, and today I finally got "back in the saddle " as they say.. I've done a few mending jobs, got a set of "curtains" made for Laura's apartment, and am now working on a needle case/roll for her knitting needles. I found this fabric while at the Maine quilt show - look at those little sheepy faces- isn't it just THE perfect choice? I'll show you a pic shortly, once it's finished...
Laura has just finished knitting her first pair of socks. She has mastered the four needles - knitting in the round, or whatever you want to call it... She is proud of her accomplishment and I am proud of her too! I promised her once this pair was done, I'd buy her some nice multi-colored yarn for her next pair - you know the computer dyed stuff that makes a pattern as you knit with it... I'm not sure of it's "proper" name... She's also finishing off a sontag that she's been knitting at work (Kings Landing). She's done a beautiful job on it - some KL lady will be wearing it this fall to keep warm. Stay tuned for a pic of it too, as soon as it's done.
Man, can you believe this heat wave we're having!! It's been in the high 30's the last few days in Freddy Beach. God bless our heat pump is all I can say! When we switch it to the "Cool" function it cools our house down in minutes. Can you believe I had the oven on all afternoon to cook a Pork Loin Center Roast? It was yummy with it's maple syrup and Dijon mustard sauce. Tonight I'm doing up a batch of Ratatouille, and continuing work on the knitting needle roll. Laura is working on her basket for the Basket Social at the Kings Landing Agricultural Fair this weekend. I taught her how to make ribbon roses a few nights ago, so now she's going to town - it'll be the most bee-ootiful basket in the auction!!! Yep, we've kicked into high gear this week as we check things off the list...busy busy..
And by the way, I plan to be "doin' it" a whole lot more in the very near future... sewing, of course...

Piece
Linda

May your pathways be full of sunshine as you travel life's journey.

4 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Can we see some of the bee-ootiful ribbon roses?!?

Shelley said...

You cooked roast in this heat! Oh Yeah, you had cool air!LOL I made pickles and no cool air :( Then cut out wool for applique LOL Why do we pick the hottest days to do this stuff!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I stopped here via Susan E's blog. Nice place to visit.
Carol

Linda H said...

Sorry MissesStitches, I didn't get any pics before the basket went "back to work". :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...