STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, May 5, 2013

May already?!!

I cannot believe a whole week has passed since I last posted. No doubt you're wondering where I am! Well I'm right here.. just very busy. This past week was dear daughter's last one in Toronto. Her internship went very well and she thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. She learned a great deal and felt it was very worthwhile, in fact she would have liked to stay longer.. Other than getting "turned around" (that sounds better than "lost") a few times on the TTC, it seems her month in the big city went off without a hitch... She took this shot of the CN Tower one day this past week as she was enjoying a few minutes of R &R in the sun before heading to work for one of her last evening shifts.
I encouraged her to see as much of the city as she could on her days off and on the days when she was working 4pm till midnight; one thing she did was see a taping of the Marilyn Denis Show. She had a front row seat and enjoyed the show, the guests, the freebies given to the audience, and just watching the whole process of the show production. She got to meet Marilyn after, and as you can see, took advantage of a photo op too!
 She flew home last night, did laundry, enjoyed one good sleep in her own bed, packed up again today and moved off to Moncton where she will work for the summer.  Another exciting chapter begins...
Sooo, it's been a busy week for me, getting more of her things stowed away (it's not easy to "absorb" a whole apartment's worth of stuff again...). some things sorted and organized for her to take with her, etc. Then I was preparing for my class with Bonnie Hunter in Maine on Friday. Had lots of cutting to do in preparation.. I managed to pick up a cold somewhere, so a few days of sniffling and snuffling didn't help matters any... but here we are at the end of the weekend and this is all behind us now. I did a little more work outside today, things are popping up in all my perennial beds, but we really need some rain (never thought I'd be saying that after all the rainy days we had in April...)
Next I'll tell you about my class with Bonnie Hunter....

Peace,
Linda

"Time is your only enemy, it disappears very quickly and never gives you a second chance." ~ Steve Douglas

6 comments:

Dolores said...

I'm so glad that your daughter had a great internship. It sounds like a whirlwind at your place.
I thought I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and it took me that long to figure out that it's allergies. That happens every year - I'm clueless.

Wendy said...

You have been busy! Sounds like your daughter is doing great. Might be a bit of a transition from Toronto to Moncton though. Have fun with Bonnie, sure wish I was going. Bet you will have a great time.

Pamela Gordon said...

And she's off again on her next adventure. Not so far from home though. :) I watch Marilyn Dennis's show every day I'm here and enjoy it a lot. It's been a beautiful 10 days of sunshine hasn't it? Wow! I hope you have a fun quilting weekend away. Enjoy it. Pam

Linda said...

Now I am jealous...a class with Bonnie! You are soooo lucky. Take lots of pics.

canuckquilter said...

Busy busy! Was that your red and white turkey tracks I saw in Bonnie's "show and share" post today? It looks gorgeous!

Kathy said...

Good for Laura! Hope she likes Moncton too.
Bonnie Hunter, wow that will be fun. Is it a scrappy workshop?
Such sad news about Libby Lehman, but I am sure that the quilting community is sending positive thoughts and prayers in her direction.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...