STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, July 20, 2012

Mmm Mmm Good!

Here is another "keeper" recipe - quick, easy, no fancy ingredients. Muffins are a favourite in our house - they never last long... and I love a muffin recipe that yields more than a dozen. This one always gives 17 or 18 muffins! Bonus!

The BEST Banana Muffins Ever!

3 large ripe bananas
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
chocolate chips (optional for some, but not at our house!)

Mash bananas well, set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, set aside.
In mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with sugar, egg and oil. Mix well.  Add dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips if desired. Fill greased muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake at 350°C until lightly browned, about 16 minutes. Enjoy while warm with a glass of cold milk.. yummmmmm...
(Note: the muffins look very orange-y in this photo - that's just because the photo was taken at night, with kitchen lighting...)

Peace,
Linda

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is you-er than You!" ~ Dr. Seuss

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Can I use bananas that are overripe that i've been saving in my freezer?

Anonymous said...

Get thee behind me Satin and don't push!!!!

They look delicious but at the rate I'd try to eat them, I'd have to ride my bike a 100 miles every day just to stay even on my weight.

Ron...

Pamela Gordon said...

Mmmm delicious. I alway add chocolate chips to my banana muffins. They just seem to go together. :)

Marie Alton said...

Haaa ... love that ol' Dr. Seuss!
So wise ... and totally gets it!
My mouth is sooo watering at the sight of these luscious muffins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...