STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, May 3, 2012

So many books.. so little time...

What are you reading these days? I've just finished Sanctuary Line by Jane Urquhart (it was okay, not fabulous), and now I'm on to Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks. I love her writing and have read two of her other books - Year of Wonders: a Novel of the Plague and People of the Book, thoroughly enjoying both. Another by Ms. Brooks is on my list too - the Pulitzer Prize winning March- the story of Mr. March of the Little Women family...
 Do you keep a list of "Books I Want to Read"? My list just keeps growing. With a number of friends who are also avid readers, I keep adding their suggestions to my list (Thanks Carole, Judy, JK and Barb!) Yesterday I headed off to the city library with list in hand, hoping to find Still Alice and Left Neglected both by Lisa Genova - neither were in. I did find Caleb's Crossing which was on my list; then I stopped at the "New Fiction" section.. big mistake. Picked up three more books there... I'll never get my list whittled down!! I think I'm going to have to tell myself I have to read one book on my list for every book NOT on the list... Yes that sounds like a plan... How do you manage a long reading list?
Caleb's Crossing is the story of the first Native American to graduate from Harvard College (1660's). I'm only 75 pages in, but already hooked... Stay tuned...

Peace,
Linda

"Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future." ~ Ray Bradbury

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will get "Still Alice"a nd "Left Neglected" they are both worth waiting for.I had a copy of "Alice",but Igave it to Kim."Left neglected"is on my 1st Kobo, and a friend is reading all of my ebooks.

GailM. said...

Hey Linda. I have both of those books.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

I'm currently reading Thoreau's Walden and Patti Digh's Life Is A Verb. Again - great quote Linda. I work in a library and totally agree :)

Susan Elliott said...

I like Geraldine Brooks too...and I LOVE when you talk books. I know I should put my list back on my sidebar! Anyhoo, keep recommending, I need some ideas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...