STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Countdown....

Four more days... not that I'm counting... Four more days before we head out to move both kidlets, bags and baggage, off to University. I will miss them, that's for sure, but I sure am tired... Tired of cooking meals, tired of doing laundry, etc. etc. I have been trying to get some meals made and frozen for Mark..homemade spaghetti sauce, homemade soups, banana bread, etc.etc. Mark has shown absolutely no interest in learning how to do much of anything in the kitchen. I have failed as a Mother!!! I figure by Christmas, he'll be mighty tired of eating Kraft Dinner, Campbell's soup and frozen pizzas. Maybe by then he'll be a little more interested in a few cooking lessons! Guess I've got to let him learn the hard way..
Anyway, I am looking forward to some ME time in my studio - once the kids are gone, my hubby might not see me for days! Think I'll lock myself in the studio and start making up for lost time ... I have to get busy and get working on some new CQ projects ...April and Quilt Canada in Calgary will be here before we know it...I have to get some new samples made for my classes... I want to post a new section on my sidebar showing samples and perhaps even a tutorial or two, to help prospective students - particularly for my two day class, as students will have to prepare a fabric base before they come to the class. I must say, I can't wait to get "back at it".. Actually I spent some time in the studio yesterday doing some tidying and organizing, and this evening I pieced a small CQ block. It felt gooooodddd!! Since I'm home with no car tomorrow, maybe I'll even sit down for an hour or two and stitch! I'll share a photo with you as soon as it's finished. It seems like forever since I've shown you any stitching...
Piece,
Linda
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of tasks. As of today, I'm so far behind I'll need to live forever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where has the Summer gone? With the cooler evenings & shorter days, it certainly makes one think about picking up that stitching that has been neglected or the quilting project waiting to be completed. I always look forward with anticipation to hearing about the events in your life. LB

Karen said...

I've been through this once with eldest son and know where you are coming from. It amazed me to read the post about your daughter's new teapot, as that was like reading something from a completly alien world!
Your bee book arrived today - thanks so much, it was really thoughtful of you to think of us. Will show hubby when he returns on the weekend; I'm sure he will get a kick out of it.
Enjoy your quilting time when it arrives - well deserved.
Karen Neary

GailM. said...

Ha ha, I laughed about you getting the kiddo's ready to go. But who's counting... ha ha

Hey, a retreat in your sewing studio sounds fun. You need to get rid of the car more often. Let's do a CQ challenge or project or something. I need something to get me to dig out my stuff and get working on it. Let's do a month of CQ Mondays.... and we'll both show CQ stuff that we accomplished this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...