STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, February 23, 2009

Did someone say "Snow"?

Okay, Mother Nature, this isn't funny anymore!! We got 17 more inches of the white stuff in this storm... we have drifts around our house that are close to 5 feet high... there is nowhere to put any more snow!!! The snowbanks are incredibly high, the driving is dangerous because the visibility at intersections is so poor...Have I said that I'm tired of winter??? The entire city was pretty much closed down today- Gov't offices were closed, as were the schools, malls, banks, etc. Even the Police Dep't. was running on just a skeleton crew - thats a rarity.

I am grateful that my Grandfather had the foresight to purchase land high on a hill for the family farm... I'm very much afraid there will be bad flooding again this spring... there is so much snow -more than last year, I think... and we have had no winter thaws this year, to take it down a bit.

On another note, today is Ian's birthday- that would be our oldest son - 31 today! Wow! Where does the time go? This is the beginning of what I call "Birthday Week"... our 3 children all have their birthdays within the next 2 weeks. Mark is next, turning 20, followed by Laura who hits the magic age of 18!! I'm feeling old...
Here's Ian with fiancee Tiffany.
I have put in a fair bit of time today, trying to finish up my cross-stitch. It's almost done-just working on the borders now. Hopefully I'll post a photo tomorrow....
Piece
Linda
"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face" Victor Hugo

3 comments:

GailM. said...

A week of birthdays, how fun. The picture of Ian and Tiffany is sweet. And they're engaged, how nice. A wedding in the future, and then you know what comes next!!! The fun part.

Linda G said...

Yes we are really snowed in. Our garden room looks a little like a cave with snow half way up the patio door. Sring will come though and we will appreciate it all the more.

Marie Alton said...

Isn't that coincidental...that all your kids are born around the same time? Mine are 8 days & 2 years apart born in November ... my sis's girls are 2 days & 2 years apart born in July!
Spooky fertility!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...