STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Goodbye Florida




It's time to finish off with the last photos from my Florida trip. I've been so busy... Time marches on and I have other things to share with you!


Spring seems to finally be making its way here.. The snow has gone down considerably over the last week, and spring bulbs are poking shoots through the leaf mulch on my side and back perennial beds. I have loosened up the layer of mulch and hopefully by the weekend I can clean off the beds completely. You can tell the gardener in me is getting anxious.... looking at these wonderful Florida blooms makes me yearn for blossoms in my own backyard. Hurry up spring, let's get on with it!





A walk around Sandi's neighbourhood provides lots of colour.. just about any colour you could want! Of course the bougainvillea come in lots of colours... I especially liked the variegated one in the lower right corner.


This passionflower vine grows just up the street; it was loaded with buds and blooms this year - last time I saw it, it had only one bloom so I was happy to see it thriving.


If you like bright oranges, peaches and reds, here you go.. lots of beauty! Can anyone identify the plant in the lower right corner? It was sooo beautiful... and looked very exotic!



I prefer the pinks and purples...here are bougainvillea, plumbago, hibiscus, jasmine, mango, and again several I cannot identify.


Ah, such a beautiful world we live in. I DO appreciate the seasons, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else...but I wish our summer (ie gardening season) was a little longer and winter was considerably shorter...

Of course, when visiting Sandi one also has a lovely view of the St. Lucie River and all its goings-on... the birds, the boats, the sunsets... Here's the back of  the house from the river, and from that lovely deck one can relax and enjoy the river view...


Because I didn't take my long lens there aren't  any great bird shots, but I enjoyed the daily visits from the osprey and pelicans, and occasional sightings of a blue heron and a male cardinal, and porpoises! Mr. Osprey who visits every morning loves to sit high in the old live oak - what a great vantage spot to watch for fish... Can you see him?


I'm sure you can understand why it's hard to "come back to winter" after spending time in this paradise...  But come back to reality I must! "Thank you Sandi" hardly seems adequate for such an awesome week! 



Peace,
Linda

"Be happy in the moment - that's enough. Each moment is all we need - not more." ~ Mother Theresa

3 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love our seasons too Linda but also enjoy our time in Florida to have sunshine every day and the ability to walk outside instead of on my treadmill. I've thought about what it would be like to garden 12 months of the year, no thanks as I like winter to catch up on reading and housework.
Happy Easter.

kath001 said...

Gorgeous photos. I can almost smell their sweet fragrance. :)

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

First of all, what a gorgeous header, Linda!
The flower photos are lovely and the pinks and purples are my favourites too.
I would hope to have a longer gardening season. (The snow and ice still cover almost everything here.) In only few months we should put everything in order a n d have time to enjoy the garden as well! :)
Wishing you a blessed and happy Easter! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...