STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, January 5, 2015

Simple Beauty

I'm busy busy today so just a very quick post to share this beauty with you. My (supposed to be PINK) amaryllis has four lovely scarlet blooms, with another stalk and swelling bud containing hopefully another 3 or 4 blooms still to open. The stalks are not as tall, nor the blossoms as large as some I have had. I bought this one later in the season and it was already growing in the box. I think this often results in one that is not as tall; I've gotten better results when buying these as soon as they appear in the stores, so the tip of the growing stalk/bud is just barely peeking out of the bulb. Just my thoughts, no scientific proof here.... And as for the size of the blooms, this bulb is smaller. Often you will see two prices on the amaryllis "kits"- the higher priced one will be a larger bulb (more mature) and this will give you a larger plant.
Regardless, it is beautiful- what's not to love about  gorgeous fresh blooms in the midst of  a cold snowy winter?!! So, no more talk. I'll just let you enjoy the beauty....





Peace,
Linda

"Each flower is a soul opening out to nature." ~ Gerald De Nerval

5 comments:

Dolores said...

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. http://truebluecanadian.blogspot.ca/2013/01/not-same.html

Vee said...

I have never had one, though I have gifted them. I will try to remember to get them early and spend a little more. Yours is lovely for the bargain variety.

Pamela Gordon said...

It is a stunning red one for sure! My bud is starting to grow and 'split' so should be opening in the next day or two. Enjoy the pop of colour. Keep warm!

Jeanna said...

Gorgeous! You could frame and sell the photos :)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Beeeautiful blossoms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...